If I’m in a store and “Rock With You” by Michael Jackson comes on, I have to dance.
It’s the law.
Hey hey 😀
I posted this on Facebook, so I might as well make it a blog entry for the WordPress Community!
1. I hate the word “suture”. It freaks me out. I hate the definition, and I don’t like what it looks like. I’m freaking out right now.
2. I write lists. Lots of lists. I even have a list of lists I want to write. Most of said lists are written on….
3. ….envelopes!!!! My mother used to write things on the backs of old envelopes (recipes, scriptures, shopping lists, etc.) and I noticed that I do it too. In fact….
4. When my mother died, I put her last Mother’s Day card in the casket with her. I wrote a list of promises in it, but I ended up writing the rest of it on the back of the envelope because I remembered a few more things after I sealed it!
I think she would have appreciated it though.
5. My all time favorite sandwich is peanut butter and bacon…..
6. ….which is a shame because I draw closer and closer to becoming a vegetarian.
7. I used to hate sweet potato pie! When I finally tried it, I loved it, but unfortunately it gives me terrible heartburn, so now I CAN’T eat it. GAH!
8. So far in my life I have never broken a bone. Thank you Jesus!
9. I want to be a rock star when I grow up. I’m keeping hope alive that it will happen. (The growing up part.)
10. I love the smell of puppy breath. Puppy lovers know what I mean.
11. I read about 30 comic strips a day. I am always looking for more to add to my collection. My favorite one right now is Zen Pencils. Check it out.
Hey Hey 😀
Sorry that it took so long to get back to blogging. 2013 has turned into a very very crappy year. I lost my mother in May, and I am still licking my wounds from that (and probably always will). I may write about some of it in later posts, but first I need to take a few minutes to clear up a few things.
But I left out a vital piece of information as to WHY the kitchen flooded. The plumber had to bust through the back of my kitchen cupboards (noooo) to get to the pipe. While he was doing the repairs, he noticed a piece of meat below the broken pipe. He showed it to me and we both saw at the same time that there were claw marks in it. “You have a rat, m’love”, he said with a ‘good luck with that’ type of giggle. Whatever mate….I got your giggle right here. NOTHING about this is funny. EEEEK!
Basically, Mr. Rat was coming in out of the cold to keep warm and get something to eat. He had to push past said pipe to get up on the kitchen counter and pull the bellypork off the plate. Eventually the pipe broke and flooded the entire kitchen.
So Hubs and I came up with a plan. I plugged in some sonic pest repellers, and my husband set out some poison. For the record, I was praying that the rat would just leave, no poison required. But I was desperate….I wanted my house back!
It took about a week for the rat to eat all of the poison. After a while, the dog wasn’t chasing after it anymore. Great sign, but where was it? As they say on Law & Order, “no body, no murder”. My husband searched all over but never found it. We found a suspect hole in the back of the house, so he stuffed it with steel wool (rodents hate it) and sealed it with cement. That night, I came home from work to find a sick dog and piles of doggy vomit all over the floor. Lovely. Hubs got to cleaning them up so I could get ready for a work party. Great…time for a glass of wine to relax. I walked into the kitchen…washed my hands…walked towards the refrigerator…and found a HUGE rat lying underneath it! Let me take that back…it was a huge DEAD rat! I screamed to high heaven and pulled a Usain Bolt right out of there!!!! Mr. Rat was probably trying to get out of the house to die but his escape route was sealed off! MWAHAHAHAHAHA….
I truly believe that God allowed the dog to get sick to keep him out of the kitchen and away from Mr. Rat. Otherwise he would’ve gotten to it and ingested the poison (and probably would’ve sat it on my lap as a gift. Eeuch). The vet told us there was a bug going around and he had treated dozens of dogs! He prescribed a course of antibiotics and the dog was back to normal after about a week. PHEW!
It made sense…..THE DOG DIDN’T DO IT! I know for a fact that I can sit a plate full of meat down at his eye level, leave the room, and return to find the plate untouched. HE KNOWS BETTER! That’s why I could never believe that it was him that swiped the meat. I felt I owed him this entry to clear his name.
I’m very sorry BabyDog….Mummy loves you…
Don’t give up on me.
New blog entries on their way.
Look out here I come!